Saturday, March 31, 2007

Football Match

The ringing of my alarm in my phone indicates the time of 7.20am. There goes the routine of dragging myself up from my bed and head to the toilet. As Damian, our Orange United goalkeeper will be coming over to my place, i hurriedly brush my teeth and make my way down to have breakfast.

A match against BKT Tinggi Boys were set to take place in Bandar Botanic at 8.30am. Musang, in which is our Orange United's captain drop by and followed by mr ah ni our striker. 4 person overall at my place including me wait for the ever-late Boss, Boon Yuan to come over to fetch us to the venue in which the game will be carried out.

Finally Boss arrived and off we go to our destination, to our dismay, the weather was BLOODY HOT! scorching hot UV rays shine on the ever tender flesh of ours. Before the game start, I knew I'll be tanned because of this. But, who does care? I aint like Boon Yuan who worries so much of his skin colour, come on, we're guys! what's the use of having fair skin?

The park in Bandar Botanic is way BIG, there're 2 football fields fitted into the park itself, nevertheles the park is constructed with fountains and loads of greenery, well there we meet our opponent, BKT Tinggi Boys.

Though we are suppose to start the game at 8.30am, but as usal, ORANGE style, we're late by half an hour! And that send our opponents wild! as in pissed, haha. The match kicked off at 9.10am, BKT tinggi in white and obviously Orange United in orange.

The match goes smoothly before one of our defenders commit a mistake in which leads to a goal by the opponet, mentioning the name shall I not but he wears the number 5 jersey. All of all it's just a mistake.

Then, all of us couldn't take the heat anymore, and so at 30minutes of playing time, we call it a half. Resting at a nearby hut to escape from the penetrating hot sun, we come to have a team-talk. 15 minutes later,we're back into the field for the second half. I will have to say, the second half was rather better than the first, cause in the 2nd session Orange United have more of ball possesion and many attacks are launched thus more chances are created.

In the middle of the game, i come to an abrupt halt because of..Leg Cramp again!! 3 games in a row i have Leg Cramp! why?!! and so I hop to the goalpost to have a rest and try to make the cramp go better, now Orange United is in handicap playing with 10 against 11 players.Miraculously i heal in around 10 minutes time, and yes I'm back into the game.

While i'm back into the game, it is already reaching full time with 8 minutes to go, I receive a pass from Musang down the right flank and a volleyed cross from the inner of my right foot send the ball straight to Dominique, yup the ball reach him directly on his foot, so without hesitation, a volley shot from him send the ball down into the bottom corner resulting a goal. The game is now fair with 1 goal a piece.

It ends in the same scoreline. That's all, chao..

No comments: